Insuring...This Land Is Your Land!
Founded in 1974, the Virginia Land Title Association stands as a sentinel over Virginia’s title and settlement industry. VLTA’s singular purpose is to facilitate the safe and efficient transfer of real property in Virginia. To that end, VLTA sponsors valuable education, encourages new legislation, promotes high professional standards, and creates valuable networking opportunities for its members. VLTA members include title agents, settlement agents, abstractors, examiners, underwriters, attorneys, and ancillary service providers.
Mission & VisionThe mission of the Association is to advance the efficient and secure transfer of ownership of real property by proactively serving its members, the consumer, and affiliated associations.
To achieve this objective, VLTA will:
- Provide superior education programs
- Represent the industry on legislative and regulatory issues
- Support the American Land Title Association and its initiative to continually maintain and promote members to engage only in business practices that are lawful and consistent with high professional standards and ethics
- Communicate industry related information
- Fairly represent all interests of the membership
- Enhance and protect the value of its members, consumers, and the title industry as a whole
- Raise public awareness and understanding of the land title industry