VLTA encourages affiliated organizations to submit course offerings for approval as Certification Continuing Education (CCE) courses for the Virginia Certified Title Examiners (VCTE) and Virginia Certified Title Settlement Agent (VCTSA) credential offered by the VLTA. Agents and examiners across Virginia are in need of CCE credits, and VLTA hopes you will consider submitting your upcoming courses for approval.
VLTA will provide credit for the following course types:
- Live in-person courses
- Online/Published courses
- On-demand courses
A course may not be advertised as approved for CCE until the approval has been received in writing. Course approvals will list the CCE course ID which should be retained for credit reporting purposes.
CCE credit approval is only valid from the course approval date forward. Retro-active credit will not be given for any live, online/published or on-demand courses.The following items are required when requesting approval:
- Session title or working title
- Location of the session, online or on-demand
- Date(s) of session, online or on-demand
- Number of participants expected
- General course topic
- Duration of session
- Instructor name
- Other instructor approvals obtained or VLTA Instructor Approval Application
- Evidence of other session approvals obtained - CE/CLE
- Brief session description
- Session abstract
- Timed session outline
- Additional information proving relationship to specific program
Instructor ApprovalVLTA recognizes outside approval of instructors from Pearson VUE, Virginia State Bar Association and Virginia Realtors (as long as approvals are in the area of "Title" or "Law/Regs"). Instructors who are looking to conduct a course to offer Certification Continuing Education (CCE) credit for the Virginia Certified Title Examiners (VCTE) and Virginia Certified Title Settlement Agent (VCTSA) credential must submit either the VLTA Instructor Approval Application or evidence of approval from one of the above-approved entities. Please be sure to attach the Instructor Approval Application to your Outside Provider Course Approval form.
Completed forms must be submitted to VLTA Program Manager Suzanne Campbell by email at Suzanne.Campbell@vlta.org a minimum of 15 business days in advance of the live course. Forms that are received after that are subject to a $50 late submission fee. A decision on course approval will be issued no later than 10 business days after acknowledged receipt of your application.
Individual Outside Provider Course ApprovalVLTA Members who are interested in receiving Certification Continuing Education (CCE) for the Virginia Certified Title Examiners (VCTE) or the Virginia Certified Title Settlement Agent (VCTSA) credential program from an outside provider, who has not already received approval from VLTA can submit the Individual Outside Provider Course Approval form. This form is the same form as the Outside Provider would complete to gain course approval.
This form must be submitted prior to taking the course; retro-active credit cannot be given. Completed forms must be submitted to VLTA Program Manager Suzanne Campbell by email at Suzanne.Campbell@vlta.org a minimum of 15 business days in advance of the live course. Forms that are received after that are subject to a $50 late submission fee. A decision on course approval will be issued no later than 10 business days after acknowledged receipt of your application.
Course ApprovalsApproval given for courses to receive VCTE/VCTSA will be effective for a one year period. If a live course is to be offered again within the one year period, the outside provider must contact VLTA Program Manager Suzanne Campbell to add another location/date to the course records.
All courses, whether live, online or on-demand must be submitted annually to be reviewed for appropriateness and relevancy for the CCE programs. If it is determined that your course no longer qualifies for CCE, you will be notified and will be given the opportunity to work with VLTA to ensure the course is updated.
- The CCE program is intended to serve as advanced education for certification holders. VLTA will not automatically approve all applications for CCE credit even in cases where the education has been approved by another regulatory agency (such as Person VUE); the provider must demonstrate that the course meets VLTA's standards for advanced industry content.
- Please be sure to submit any evidence of outside approval with your application. While VLTA reserves the right to make its own determination concerning the suitability of courses for CCE credit, evidence of other approval serves to expedite the approval process. Be sure to attach any instructor or course approvals to your application.