Call for Proposals
VLTA 2020 Regional Education Events
Presenting at the VLTA’s Annual Convention and Regional events provides an opportunity to build your professional network and experience lifelong learning with lifelong friends. Presenting a content-rich session individually or as part of a team is a wonderful way to share your knowledge and experience.
The educational programming will showcase future directions, best practices, lessons learned and solutions to industry wide issues within the conferences. Join the industry’s leading land title professional development conferences and VLTA esteemed instructors. Challenge yourself and the audience.
Suggested educational tracks include:
- Laws and Regulations
- Industry Changes and Solutions
- Social Media and The Title Industry
If you think you have what it takes to inspire the VLTA community, submit your proposal before November 30, 2019 to be considered for VLTA 2020 Regional Education Events. Submit your proposal here.
- Your content is interesting and relevant. Sessions are meant to challenge attendees on relevant and timely topics while focusing on land title issues/challenges.
- Sessions include interactive learning styles that involve audience collaboration, provide how-to’s and real world applications, while engaging all learning styles.
- Title should be descriptive, so attendees know what to expect.
- Consideration is given to the educational tracks listed above.
Proposals are selected to ensure the education offers a comprehensive, objective and unique program. Proposals will be reviewed by the committee using the following criteria:
- Relevance of topic: Is the topic of relevance, importance, value and/or interest to the profession?
- Proposed topic coverage: Does the proposal adequately cover content related to the session’s learning objective or key stated outcomes? What will attendees gain from the session?
- Presenter knowledge: Does the presenter or presenters have sufficient knowledge, expertise, and authority to address this topic based on evidence provided in the proposal and/or prior experience with or knowledge of the presenter?
- Engagement strategies: Does the presenter include specific strategies relevant to the event size, audience, and maturity of topic for engaging participants in the session content, and do those strategies align with the session’s learning objectives/outcomes?
If your proposal is selected, we expect you to:
- Commit to presenting – No last-minute switch outs.
- Meet deadlines for bookings, slides, abstracts, etc.
- Contribute one article and/or short video about the program you’re presenting on to be posted to VLTA website, social media and newsletter.
- Engage with attendees outside of the session.
- Provide required materials for CE/CLE/CCE approval.
Your proposal will be carefully evaluated and may be accepted for any of the following formats below, depending on the scope of the content and engagement strategies proposed. Regardless of the delivery method chosen, your session should be innovative, thought provoking and engaging.
- Single Presenter Presentation: Issue-oriented, provides concrete examples, and contains both practical and theoretical information. Postmortems and case studies are included in this category.
- Keynote: Topical, visionary, inspirational – that’s what we are seeking in a keynote speaker. Experience, inspirational or motivational speakers who can address innovative approaches to achieve better results.
- Panel: Panels take many different viewpoints on a topic or issue and combine them into one debate session with a moderator. Debate among panelists (with very different viewpoints) is welcome and audience participation time should be accounted for.
- Detailed description of your prospective session to be used in website marketing, media and newsletter.
- Shortened description of your prospective conference session to be used in printed marketing material, limited to 100 words and written specifically for the attendee.
- Short bio (max 50 words) describing your education and experience in the profession. The submitted bio will be used for marketing and promotional materials.
- Name, title, professional picture and contact information for each speaker/instructor.
- Title of session/presentation.
- Three to five-minute marketing video of presentation.
- Learning objectives must be listed separately.
- Time limit of 50-60 minutes per session.
- Take-away for attendees from presentation.
- Description of special equipment needed for presentation.
- 2020 Regional Education Events: November 30, 2019